Author Topic: 为什么选用SuperCollider 3?  (Read 2707 times)

ww

• twitter.com/ww1way
    • 怪比软件学习笔记
为什么选用SuperCollider 3?
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »
作者:David Michael Cottle
译者:ww
节选自:<Computer Music with examples in SuperCollider 3>

+

它廉价。(ww注:实际上是免费的)

它具备稳固的体系。它基于Music N语言和csound建立,并一直被来自世界各地的天才们开发和使用着。

它深奥。我曾玩过一个“绘制一个声音”的程序,在大约两天的时间里,始终有趣。你不会在SC发出的声音以及提供的工具迷宫中感到疲惫。

它也有更简单的合成程序包,但相对于SC3的能量来说,它是相对易于使用的。

图形化用户界面(GUI)是可选的。GUI会限制你的创造力。SC,没有一个界面(ww注:如果你想,SC也提供你一些简单的GUI对象使用),迫使学生去处理基本原理。那些具备一个滑杆/转盘/旋钮/按钮等图形化界面的软、硬件合成器,通过加载预设可能会让你更快地得到有趣的声音,但是为了在SC中建立一个patch,你不得不去了解诸如电压控制、界定、频偏、音头强度和衰减等等基础知识。

它能做一切事情。经典的模拟合成、AM、FM、PM、物理建模、加、减合成、波表查询、波形塑造、Markov链、AI、MIDI、古典具象、实时交互具象、总控、分析、元音变化等等等等。

它,或类似它的东西,是未来。

最后,说说而已。十年前我打开SC并键入command+r后便被迅速俘虏了。它允许我们在任何笔记本电脑中实时挖掘其深度和复杂性。

+

原文:
It's inexpensive.

It has a solid genealogy. It is built on Music N languages and csound, is being developed and
used by collective international genius.

It's deep. I've toyed with the draw-a-sound programs. They're fun for about two days. You
won't get tired of the sounds or the labyrinth of tools available in SC.

There are easier synthesis packages, but for the amount of power available in SC3 it is
relatively easy to use.

Graphic user interface is optional. GUIs confine your creativity. SC, without an interface,
forces students to deal with fundamentals. Software and hardware synths with a slick
dial/knob/button skin, loaded up with presets may get you to interesting sounds quicker, but
in order to build a patch in SC you have to understand the basics of voltage control, scale and
offset, attack and decay, and so on.

It can do everything. Classic analog synthesis, AM, FM, PM, physical modeling, subtractive
synthesis, additive synthesis, wave table lookup, wave shaping, Markov chains, AI, MIDI,
classic concrète, real-time interactive concrète, total control, analysis, mutation, and on and
on and on.

It, or something like it, is the future.

Finally, just listen. Ten years ago I launched SC and hit command-r. I was immediately
hooked. It allows real time depth and complexity on any laptop computer.

Tags: SuperCollider